Oooo! Lookie lookie! Kira Scribbled nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Thanks Kira!! And check her out – she is an amazing story teller! 🙂
The award was created by Okoto Enigma@ https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Rules for the nominees:
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10 or more people
- Notify your nominees by leaving the nomination link in the “comment” of their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link(s) to your best post(s)
So, I am to tell you three things about me.
- My husband once told me that he decided to marry me the moment I made a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie for him when we were dating.
- I still enjoy watching Degrassi High – though I am Markedly behind on the newer episodes. I think they did a really good job transitioning from the classic series to the new generation – made me care about the new characters by relating them to the older characters and resolving old story lines.
- My favorite cocktail is a White Russian followed closely by an Amaretto Sour… and I always add a handful of Maraschino cherries if I have them. Side fact: as a teen I used to buy jars of them to eat straight out of the jar.
As for Kira’s Questions:
If you had to choose between loosing the sensation of touch in your hands or loosing the ability to taste, which would you pick?
I suppose I’d prefer to lose sensation in my hands. I like food too much… I suppose I’d be concerned about accidentally injuring my hands without realising it… but I value my sensations in the other parts of my body more… including the sensation of tasting chocolate cake 😛
What paranormal creature, for example Vampire, Werewolf, Alien, ect.. would you choose to be real, and why?
I think I would like a pet Griffin… considering the room it would take up… Does a Griffin count as Paranormal? or is it simply Mythical? If a Griffin wouldn’t count I think Gnomes would be a close second. I’d fancy making friends with the Gnomes that inhabit the walls and inviting them to sit to have tea and rice pudding with me.
What is your favorite food?
I adore Ethnic foods – Ethiopian Doro Wot with Injera or Lentil Samosas, Indian Masala Dosa or Butter Chicken, Chinese food in general… Lasagna… Gyros… Hell, Any Greek food… Pad Thai… There’s just too much I love that I can’t choose one thing!
Who is your one, all time, favorite author? Other than yourself..lol
Ooo that’s tough. I dunno if I have just one… Enid Blyton is my fave children’s author, I love Henning Menkell for mysteries, Marion Zimmer Bradley was always a favorite… I also really liked George MacDonald – a turn of the century fantasy author.
Is fruit too uppity? (I guess this is the weird one..?)
Uhhh… No? Not except when it’s plated in gold? Perhaps when it’s swimming in Champagne… LOL
Nominees I chose for this award are…..
I’m not going to do ten. I never do… and the last time I did this kind of thing I only had a couple actually do it, sooo…
Kira also nominated Paul E. Bailey’s blog, but he is probably my favorite blogger out there currently – and since two nominated Kira – I guess this is allowed? 😛 Paul is a very talented writer and well worth checking out!
I’ve also quickly become blog friends with Simon Farnell – he has an interesting blog that is primarily science based, but he throws in a little bit of everything really – worth checking out at least!
Summer Shines is another blog I’ve started following recently… Summer has a lot to say about her troubled past, and tries to be a help to others that have similar issues. Check her out and give her some love 🙂
- If you could be anyone for a week, would you take the chance? Who would you choose to be?
- Do you have an irrational fear and what is it? (I promise I won’t make fun of you…)
- Who was your first celebrity crush? How old were you?
- Do you have any quirks or habits that others find amusing or odd?
- Oh, ummm… a weird or funny question… If God sneezes, what should you say?
As for my best posts – I actually have a “Best Of” page on my blog…Posts that I think are my better ones… unfortunately I don’t always keep it updated… buuut…