Once again I’ve been honoured to be nominated for a blog award – the lovely blog award – by the amazingly talented and sweet Paul E. Bailey. Such a flatterer that one 😛 Thank you, Paul 😊
1. Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog
2. Post about the award
3. Share 7 facts about yourself
4. Nominate, AT MOST, 15 people
5. Tell your nominees the good news!
I suppose this should be one of the easier ones since I don’t have to think up questions… but I do have to think about facts about myself I’ve hopefully not revealed before… and let’s face it – I’ve pretty much revealed my whole life to you people!! 😂
But here goes…
1. I knew the Australian National anthem before I knew the US one – even though I am American – given that we sung it weekly at school in Australia.
2. My first real fear was to die in a fire… I had such nightmares as a kid about it… the extension of that was the fear of fireworks. They fucking freak me out. I can watch them on TV or from a great distance… but I cannot abide by being anywhere remotely near them. I can put on a brave face and calm myself these days… but still. I’ve told the story of Sven taking me on a rooftop to watch fireworks overhead… terror. Clenched fists. No direct eye contact. It was terrible… and I was a grown woman at the time. Eeesh.
3. I still sometimes wish I had gotten my degree in international relations and political science like I first considered straight out of high school. I wanted to study linguistics as well… I had so many interests I let fall to the wayside that I wish I hadn’t.
4. If I finish my RN degree, I hope to go on to get my Masters in midwifery
5. In Australia I had various citrus trees and I would can my own lemon curd, mandarin curd, marmalades, etc… kind of sad I don’t still have a lemon tree at the very least. I could eat lemon curd with a spoon!
6. I have never had a brand new car. I’ve been driving since I was 15 and 9 months (the earliest I could get a drivers license in VA) and it’s been 19ish years with no brand new car… that’s a damn shame! (Yeah yeah first world problem I know…)
7. Errrrm…. uhhhhh…. I can come up with a last one, surely? Oh, ok… how about: I am one of those people that let a lot slide. I’ll put up with a lot and internalise my anger or hurt or whatever for awhile. If someone keeps pushing my buttons; however, I will eventually blow a gasket and become VERY loud and explosive much to their surprise. In that state I will have no issue telling them exactly what I think of them. This process usually takes months or years depending on how horrible the person has been to me. Thus the surprise – the shock and awe effect is pretty satisfying when I’m breathing fire 😏 …this has only happened a handful of times in my life, to be clear.
Ok, as far as nominating others… Paul has already nominated my usual go to blogs… my favourites for the most part which also clearly includes his blog. I feel like this will just end up being a circular pattern if we all keep going back and forth with any given blog award… so I have gone through the effort to go back through my followers and those that I follow, but perhaps don’t keep up with as much as I should (which I probably would if I had more time!!) and chose some standouts from there…
As always, no pressure to participate 🙂