This morning I was honoured to receive a nomination for the Versatile Blog Award from Cynt. (Go check out her beautiful female-centric blog 🙂 )
This award didn’t come with many instructions except to write 7 things about myself, and then of course make nominations.
However, the first definition, according to dictionary.com, for Versatile is:
So here are my 7 things about me… that maybe… hopefully… I haven’t shared before??? It’s hard when I literally lay my life out for you people on the daily… LOL
- Every time I fall out of my eating right/exercising habits it’s Dr Pepper’s fault… Occasionally Wild Cherry Pepsi… but mostly Dr Pepper. …Just one more and I’ll get back on track… Also, usually when I fall off the wagon it’s because of my cycle. Fair enough excuse I’d say. Dr Pepper literally makes me feel better when I’m crampy (AH! forgot the TMI alert! lol) …but hey, caffeine is a natural pain reliever, yo.
- I just finished watching/binging on The Almighty Johnsons last night and now my life has no meaning again… Suppose I could write or whatevs instead… siiiiggghhhh 😛
- Years ago I worked at Bath and Body Works and was the resident “expert” on the aromatherapy line… in that capacity I once made an over $700 sale on aromatherapy items. Because I’m awesome like that.
- On that note, I was one of the few at BBW that would have customers that would only shop when I was there – because they trusted me. I would literally tell them to go elsewhere if I knew what they were looking for wouldn’t be satisfied by our products – especially if I knew what and where to suggest. This caused bigger sales for me down the road because when I did suggest our certain products, they knew I truly believed they would be happy with them. If I wasn’t there, they’d ask my manager when I was next scheduled and come back.
- Ok one more BBW anecdote: I also once had a customer leave a card with $100 with my manager for me when I was off shift – because I found her diamond ring, remembered which customer was wearing it and what she had bought – causing me to be able to look up her transaction and get her phone number to contact her. My boss was impressed with not only my dutifulness/attention to detail, but also my honesty… and obviously the customer was very impressed.
- My first job was as a Visa Clerk for the American Embassy in Stockholm. Sure beats fast food like many of my friends had as first jobs.
- The nickname my parents gave me as a kid was “Rachel Bagel,” yes I’ve always enjoyed a good bagel… but it was more of a couldn’t find anything good to rhyme with Rachel situation. Never really appreciated the half-assed effort lol. If it’s not gonna really rhyme, then think of something else more clever and completely non-rhyming. JEEZ come ON mom and dad!! LOL
Now here are my nominations for this award. I read these blogs regularly and find them versatile, as stated 🙂 If you have a chance, check them out.
Fuck it, I’m going to put Paul Bailey – my fave blogger here because he does write fiction, real life, zombies to romance, top fives… all sorts and in my opinion it is all to a high standard. I do understand; however, that he is a bit behind with blog awards – so no worries if you don’t want to bother with this one, Paul… Just throwing it out there 😉
Next is Simon Farnell – pretty sure he was one that is blog free? I can’t remember for sure… so again, I don’t expect a followup post from him – but putting it out there because he writes science, engineering, and fiction… while his blog has a primary focus on scientific things, he still rounds it out well by writing other things as well. Check him out.
Kirascribbled writes pretty much entirely creative writing (fiction and poetry) but again – she can range from mythical, supernatural, horror… many, many genres at a highly imaginative standard. Love it.
Another I would like to nominate, that I don’t think I’ve ever nominated before is Strong Language. Probably pretty versatile because there are more than one contributors – not sure if that’s kosher for such an award haha – but still. I find the posts interesting and informative, while of course using plenty of strong language. (The posts are generally history and origins of common offensive words or phrases.)
Another I don’t believe I’ve nominated before is The Gay Stepdad – I am relatively new to following him, but he seems to have quite a bit of personality and hey, he blogs regularly about Eurovision so that gives him huge points with me Haha
Ok ok That’s enough for now. Hope you enjoyed learning just that little bit more about me… and please check out all linked blogs if you haven’t already 🙂